- LAF unit ISO class 5 (ISO 14644-part 1) – 100% custom design
- Unidirectional downflow for product protection
- 2000 air changes per hour
- 1 no. H14 HEPA absolute filter
- EC fan motor
- External dimensions: 620 x 1315 x 794mm (WxHxD)
- Internal dimensions working area: 584 x 850 x 665mm (WxHxD)
- Magnehelic pressure gauge for filter performance monitoring
- Robust powder coated mild steel canopy
- Clear polycarbonate side panels
- Clear hinged front screen with lock
- LED lighting
- Stainless steel frame, mounted to system of client
- Digital speed controller for stepless control of air speed
ProCleanroom has supplied a very compact LAF cabinet to a leading research institute for critical silicon wafer processing. A wish of the user was to obtain as much functionality on a small surface as possible due to limited available space.
In addition, the laminar airflow unit had to have a very low vibration level in connection with the critical products processed in the cabinet. This was achieved by applying the most advanced and latest generation DC ECM motor technology.
The LAF cabinet is fully custom designed and manufactured by ProCleanroom. The unit is mounted to and over a vacuum despotion system inside an existing ISO class 7 cleanroom and realises a clean working environment better than ISO class 5. The LAF cabinet interfaces to a load lock of the thin-layer desposition system, allowing the vacuum chamber to be opened without contaminating the products (wafers) or the inner vacuum chamber.
The LAF cabinet can also be closed at the front by means of a 3-fold folding screen, allowing silicon wafer products in the LAF unit to be stored in a clean regime. The filtered supply air can exit the unit through the perforated stainless steel worktop. Extra attention was paid to a cleanroom compatible design because of the placement inside an existing ISO class 7 cleanroom and the associated contamination risk.
The flow cabinet is equipped with the most energy-efficient fan motor in the market. The lifespan of the filters is maximised by the use of a high capacity pre-filter with up to 6 times longer life. Combined with the low energy consumption, the VLFU-series airflow units provide the absolute lowest operating costs in the market.
Direct benefits for the user:
- In-house engineering department for maximum flexibility: 100% customized solution
- Most functionality on small surface
- Best quality motor technology with zero vibration level
- Longest service interval in the market (i.e. lower costs)
- Most cost-effective replacement filters
- Lowest energy consumption
- User-friendly and ergonomic
Check out our photo gallery with pictures of completed projects.
Want to know more?
Achieving agreed specifications and reliability are very important in our dynamic working environment. In order to meet our goals, reliable leadtimes are crucial. ProCleanroom adapts to our companies nature and proves to be highly flexible. ProCleanroom is pro-active in solving challenging tasks.
After our first modular softwall cleanroom was installed in 2011, we have selected ProCleanroom once again in 2014 for our expansion.
Communication and after sales service are dealt with in a smooth and friendly manner. In case of questions the response time is quick.